For Cut flowers -All licensed or patented plants include the proper tags -Photos below
North Sea Oats/ River Oats -seed 1 pint ziplock bag $6
Pachysandra bundles -of 100 rooted pieces $15
Malus Crabapple seedling from purple fruited tree $7-10
Malus Crabapple seedlings form yellow fruited tree qt size $7-10
Shady Grove Garden's Nursery:Shrubs:
- Hypericum Jacqueline - red berries available mid-summer- extra large pots
- Boxwood 2 gal. pots
- Celandine Poppy
- Daylily-'Crimson Shadows', 'Plum Perfect', 'Star Dream', 'Double Ethel', 'Emperor's Butterfly', 'Muffin's Dream', Walter's Tango', 'Pandora's Box', 'Mauna Loa'
- Echinacea 'Raspberry Truffle'
- Gt. Solomons Seal- great native
- Hellebore 'Winter Thriller' & mixed Hellebore
- Geranium 'Claridge Druce'
- Rosemary 'Arp'
- New England Aster Dwarf 'Purple Dome'
- Amsonia taberamontana - Blue Star great for early butterflies, a native milkweed
- Astilbe 'August Light', Astilbe Milk and Honey
- Carolina Jasmine new extra hardy strain
- Tall Garden Phlox Pink and 'David'- white- native, 'Laura -purple and white
- Panicum 'Heavy Metal' -native panic grass
- Lavender Phenomenal, mini Blue, Blue Scented
- Polygonatum - Giant Solomons Seal
- Rudbeckia 'Henry Eilers'
- Japanese Painted Fern
- Oregano Italian Heirloom- extra large pots
- Crabapple saplings
- Succulents- see photo sizes vary as well as numbers available
- Thalictrum dalavayi lilac-rose and white
- Yarrow 'Apricot Delight'
- Columbine - clear yellow
- Clematis Multi-blue, Clematis h. Blue Shrub, and Solitary Clematis
- Lupine 'Tutti Frutti'
- Lupine 'Russell Hybrid Carmine'
- Shasta Daisy - Brightside, Becky, Diener, Real Glory, Snowcap
- White Obedient Plant
Flowers- Annual - Transplants:
- Cosmos - mixed pinks
- Nasturtium 'Copper Sunset', Butter Cream
- Numerous varieties of dahlia tubers
Vegetable & Herb Transplants
- Cucumber: Marketmore 76, Garden Oasis, Bush Slicer, Homemade Pickles
- Gourmet mix lettuce flats and Chard 'Bright Lights'
- Tomato: 'Sungold', 'Sweet Million', 'Super Bush', 'Garden Candy mix', 'Red and Yellow Pear mix', Japanese Black Trifele', Brandywine, Heirloom Pink, Crimson Carmello, Camp Joy= Chadwick Cherries
- Squash: Yellow Summer squash and Zucchini - 'Raven'
We offer strong healthy plants grown with only Organic sprays and biological controls such as beneficial insects and 'good' bacteria'. Please ask us about organic gardening techniques you can use or check out Susan's gardening articles on our blog www.shady-grove-gardens.blogspot.com. You can also visit with us at the Watauga County Farmers Market, May through October on Saturday mornings at the Horn-in the West, in Boone, NC.
Directions to the Nursery in Zionville, NC:
Just 10 Miles from Boone.
To get to the nursery take Hwy. 421 NW from Boone 9 miles, to Will Isaacs Road, take Will Isaacs Rd. 1 mile uphill, then, turn left at the dead end onto our gravel driveway. For more information call 828-297-4098.
PERENNIAL PLANT SPECIALS -THROUGHOUT THE SEASON
We will have several Bare-root specials throughout the summer. These are plants from our field and garden we are dividing and moving about. Bare-root plants are much bigger than the standard gallon pot. With alittle care they will take off any part of our growing season. Please watch our blog http://shady-grove-gardens.blogspot.com/ or Facebook pagehttp://www.facebook.com/pages/Shady-Grove-Gardens-Nursery/69732574790for these specials. We'll post photos and availability dates with prices.